Who we are:
We are Le Petit Poutine, an owner-operated Food truck company in Rochester, NY. We operate in the Greater Rochester area, traveling as far as Buffalo & the Southern Tier for special services.
As a Shift Manager, you are responsible for supporting Le Petit Poutine’s vision for simple street-food done right.
You will be working on the truck, and will be responsible for ensuring that fresh, high-quality food items are delivered to our customers.
As the manager, you will set the standard for your co-workers with regard to service & quality. Attention to detail, and a passion for quality food is a must!
Your specific duties will include:
- Organizing and stocking the truck for service. Our trucks accommodate daily service, festival-style events and private catering.
- Supervising & ensuring proper preparation of, and storage of food in line with Monroe County Health Department standards. Maintaining that quality control is observed at all times, and orders are prepared with accuracy.
- Ensuring that proper sanitation practices are followed at all times.
- Making sure that customers experience our signature food and customer service.
- Training new staff members. Submit employee progress reports in a timely way.
- Responding to customer concerns & complaints, following company protocol.
- Understanding all menu items, and rotating specials, including ingredients and allergens.
- Cooking and assembling orders as a line-cook (training provided).
- Understanding and supervising propane operations. Regularly practicing propane safety checks and recording employees progress (training provided).
- Maintaining a detailed cleaning schedule to ensure food safety.
- Documenting and maintaining truck equipment in line with company standards.
- Working to achieve company-wide goals, and motivating your staff to do the same.
- Strong involvement in planning and leading staff meetings/training classes.
- Balancing a cash drawer each shift and tracking sales trends.
- Maintain a timely service schedule daily.
- Communicating with event supervisors, and representing Le Petit Poutine onsite at events.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. No exceptions!
Who you are:
- Passionate about food and food culture. You always maintain a high standard for your work.
- Friendly, and passionate about providing excellent service for your customers.
- A leader and a problem solver who does not shy away from finding a solution, or improving the status quo.
- Comfortable with changing environments, and many types of customers.
- A person who possesses strong communication skills.
- Able to respond to a high volume environment and work under pressure.
- Able to work well in a team setting.
- Able to plan ahead and problem solve.
- Able to work 40 hours per week.
- Interested in growing within our company.
The ideal candidate for this job is excited to be a part of a growing company! You will be a part of a small team. Your work will have a direct impact on our shared success.
Please note if you have experience driving large vehicles and/or stick shift. Clean driving record required.